Here we are, once again Wednesday appears on the calendar. As the summer days begin to wind down, I wonder if I have been sleeping in a time machine disguised as a bed. Anything is possible 😛
- take time every day to read for pleasure.
I have been reading in the evenings lately instead of right before bed. I get through a couple pages and out I go!
Current book: “Eight Months on Ghazzah Street” by Hilary Mantel
- Participate in daily meditative writing
- free-write for at least thirty minutes a day
- practice writing with a clear plot, motivation and goal in mind
Reaching two out of three of the goals this week. I meditate using breath control and/or mindfulness and then complete a journal entry on a daily basis. I’m happy to have this new ritual–it really sets me up in a good mindset for the day.
The last sub goal, writing with a clear plot and goal, have been much harder to complete. I have been struggling with character development which affects plot, motivation and goals. I’ll keep trying with this one.
- Plan/ schedule posts a week ahead
Slipping just a tad, but created a spreadsheet to help me plan ahead of time. Crossing fingers.
- Keep in consistent contact with communities I belong to
Doing well in this department. I value the time spent with my various tribes. It’s nice to get out of my head every so often.
- Check in with my goals on a daily basis and adjust smaller goals accordingly
Also working out well. I review them on a spreadsheet in the morning and then before bedtime. Then I can plan what I want to accomplish for the next day. The spreadsheet also keeps me accountable for what I have (and have not) completed during the week.
- 1 new submission each week.
–Post account of rejections and acceptances
So many are still pending…